Monday, August 4, 2014

Fresh Ideas // Modern Master Bath


One of my favorite aspects of modern home design is the creative use of what is often very limited space.  I've been thinking a lot about what we would do with our own Master Bath once we eventually renovate it and bring it into the 21st century and as such, my inspiration file has been filling up with fresh ideas like these that would make the most of our own square footage.

If we could remove the wall that sits between our own vanity and the toilet/shower area, our layout would very much mirror the bath above. One my favorite features of this particular modern bath is the sunken shower stall that does dual service as a shallow soaking tub.  We have a similar situation in our own shower and seeing the sunken floor used creatively here is making me rethink plans we had to raise ours in an eventual renovation. I also love the idea of backlighting the vanity mirror in lieu of a traditional overhead vanity fixture. The wood handle on the frameless shower doors grounds an otherwise sleek space, something I hope to achieve through wood used somewhere in our own bath.  I also favor placing two shower heads side by side vs. one at each end. Along with the tub faucet in the recessed nook below, it would keep all of our plumbing along one wall. 

There is lots to love about this bath and the rest of the house designed by Ong & Ong Architects. See the full project, photographed by Tim Nolan on Arch Daily.

SHARE:

No comments

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig