Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Landscape Update // New Fence

I thought I'd pop in today to share a quick landscape update with you - one that I'm pretty excited about. You see, my nemesis - the dilapidated pool equipment fence- is now no more.  For two years, this, along with the beaten up cypress trees (which we unfortunately need for privacy) in the background were this yard's biggest eyesores. They stared at me through the windows from my couch, the kitchen sink and our master bedroom. Then, in a flash this past week and thanks to our good friend Kyle who worked meticulously with a tape measure and level, the fence I loathed so much was gone, replaced now by a more modern horizontal design. 

We've just started to fill in with mexican beach pebble - a somewhat expensive endeavor that will be slowly installed in all of the raised beds over the next 4-6 weeks

So here we are,  a month into this project, mounds and mounds of dirt now gone and the fencing and landscape now transformed.  The fire bowl we have on order is due in shortly and that, along with some seating will go in next. The ground cover will be finished off with stabilized decomposed granite to keep the area easily cleaned and walkable,  avoiding dirt and debris to be trafficked into the house.

You can also see more of our evolution on this project from this earlier post found here.
SHARE:

3 comments

Trissta said...

It's looking so good!! I'm so excited to see the progression. That mexican beach pebble... wowza!

Much Love,
Trissta

Kristen said...

I'm loving the whole horizontal fence thing going on here. It is seriously coming together so great. PROGRESS is nice.

Rebecca A. Maynard said...

t that there is anything particularly wrong with Ikea furniture, but this was a chance for me to be creative and rise above the bedroom set. I was so excited with this opportunity. driveway gates

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig