Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Peep Show


I love when homes are shot from the "outside looking in" perspective. The rooms within them become almost a life sized diorama of sorts, the details of life framed up by the open windows and doorways.
It reminds me of how I like to daydream of my next decorating move in our own home. I like to stand back and view the entire room, often from opposite corners or by peering around the door jam just to see what draws the eye first. I'm often caught red-handed by The Mister, who sees this as a foreboding sign of more change to come. But, I admit that I often do this at the end of a project as well. There are few things that thrill me more than sneaking a peak of a room, all finished and styled up after months of hard work. 

I can imagine that these homeowners felt the same way when they saw the scenes the camera captured of their own living spaces. Perhaps the photographer caught the essence of what they appreciate most about their home, though it's quite possible that they revealed something to the owner that they had not yet seen themselves.

     
       
      
     
Perhaps a little different from the images above, the beach scene captured through the kitchen doorway below is one of my favorites. Standing in the kitchen, with the scrapings of the day's lunch still on the counter, I wonder if it would look as inviting as it does from this view. Captured this way though, it seems to say that with the seascape beckoning right outside the doors, the inhabitants had no time to deal with the mundane chore of clean up.

     

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
SHARE:

4 comments

Kristen said...

I find myself doing this often as well. The other day I was like "my neighbors probably think I'm crazy!" I spend a solid 10 minutes lost in thought just staring at the outside of our house.

Anonymous said...

What a smart, thoughtful, introspective post. Love it. xoxo

Unknown said...

I actually love the open space idea, I wish I lived somewhere warm that I could have this type of room!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Thanks girl! xo!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig