Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sex and the Single Girl

Believe it or not, there were some benefits to being under the weather this week. Like sitting still long enough to watch an old movie from beginning to end. An old movie filled with all kinds of design eye candy- from costumes to set design. 

Sex and the Single Girl, starring Natalie Wood, Tony Curtis, Henry Fonda and Lauren Bacall, was released in 1964.  But even today, the beautifully designed black and white sets and the leading lady's wardrobe (black and white until the very last scene), are undeniably current. 

Awesome black and white settee.  Similar throw pillows were spotted on the creme couch in Wood's apartment.
Reminds me of the doors we are considering installing at Holtwood House.
Check out that headboard in the background. Wicked good.
Classic lines and caning. 
The movie itself was a little goofy and totally entertaining. Despite the saucy title, it was perfectly innocent and a nice reprieve from the heavy, violent story lines being shown on TV elsewhere.

Sorry I've been out of touch this week. I've been sacked by the head cold that seems to spread like the plague with each season change. I hope to be up to my old tricks in no time.


SHARE:

3 comments

designstiles said...

Just goes to show how classic black and white stripes are. Looks so current. And yes, I totally noticed that headboard. Wicked good indeed!

Kristen said...

Love this! Such timeless glamour. Btw your pizza bar totally inspired my sisters birthday party I through last weekend. Check in out on blog a few posts back.

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Loved your hot dog bar set up Kristen! Didn't all the handwritten graphics make it that much more fun? Looks like a great time and a party I would've liked to have been at- very relaxed, complete with my latest obsession Hi-Chew! Thanks for the shout out and link BTW... appreciate it!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig